We received some Jack Van Impe Ministries propaganda in the mail. Jack Van Impe is the perfect name for a devil, eh?
Van Impe asks some questions which I will answer.
1) What is the true goal of Islam? The answer to this question literally places YOUR FUTURE on the line!
Umm, probably the same as any religion? That is, there are many goals and many variations. A few would be: sense of purpose, community, policing societal mores, etc. Since I don’t make money by scare-mongering, this doesn’t affect my future.
2. What have Islamic leaders warned they would do in promoting Islam’s rule over all the world? How should Christians respond?
I’m guessing no worse than Christians of ages past (and present) have done. I would hope Christians could respond like compassionate reasonable mature people, and realize that Muslims are also compassionate reasonable mature people. No one wants a new version of the crusades. At least, most people don’t.
3. How can we know whether we will experience terrifying wars ahead of us? Fear not! The Rapture will come first.
Sigh. Going by human history, I’d say the odds are high for war and zero for Rapture.
4. How does Scripture connect Russia, China, Syria, and Iran? We’re seeing it today!
Apparently his xenophobia isn’t restricted to non-white people – I was beginning to think his racism was just basic bigotry. As to his question- it doesn’t.
5. What is a biblical answer for the distress and killings going on in Syria right now?
One answer would be to add to them: 1 Kg.20:28-30; 2 Chron. 8:5-6, 14; 2 Kings 13… God liked talking about smiting Syria.
Or t just annihilate all the non-Jews: 2 Chronicles 15:13 Whosoever would not seek the LORD God of Israel should be put to death, whether small or great, whether man or woman.
Another answer would be to provide aid and support: Deuteronomy 10:19 And you are to love those who are foreigners, for you yourselves were foreigners in Egypt.
And there is the eternally beautiful story of the Good Samaritan. Which Van Impe should read, inserting “Muslim” for “Samaritan”.
However, I’m afraid Van Impe would see these girls as victims in need of his condescending rescue and would miss how much he needs to be educated by them. Or he would just be terrified of them.