When I was a fervent fundy Christian, I did not call myself that. I never thought I would. I also could never have imagined that one day I would
– be pro-choice for ethical reasons
– look at sex-workers and performers with respect instead of pity. (I don’t idolize or idealize their work, but I don’t believe it intrinsically immoral.)
– wish I had not waited to have sex before marriage. (Not that I actively regret it, but if I had to repeat my life, I would not wait so long.)
– see sex as a basic need for some people and therefore their need for facilitation as valid and moral
– find myself a more ethical person without religion than with it
– enjoy a glass of wine now and then with no fear of addiction or debauchery
Any surprises you would like to share?